Monday, May 25, 2009
Here's a little video of Penelope talking during dinnertime. It's amazing how quickly she's starting to say words. She's also saying "eye" while she pokes yours, and "dada" for Matt, and "maa" for Moby (I know you were thinking "Mommy", but that still isn't happening).
The video below shows PP eating dirt. It's completely by chance that I got this shot. I thought I was setting up to take pictures, but didn't realize I had my camera set to video and was actually recording. So, excuse the hiccup - it's louder than I thought.
We have some cute footage of her walking and talking on our video camera, but still need to download and edit. Stay tuned...
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Matt is now officially 37 - Happy Birthday! To celebrate his 37 turns around the sun...and to celebrate the not-too-often event that PP and him are still asleep this morning...I found out some fun facts about the year Matt was born.
- Five men are arrested in the Watergate office complex in DC for breaking into the offices of the Democratic National Committee
- Dallas Cowboys win Superbowl VI (go figure =), sorry it wasn't the 49er's, Matt)
- The Godfather is the top grossing film
- Pink Floyd debuts "The Dark Side of the Moon" during a performance at London's Rainbow Theater
- The Price is Right premieres on CBS
- A Car Cost $3879
- Average Cost of new house $27,550.00
- Average Income per year $11,800.00
- Average Monthly Rent $165.00
- Cost of a gallon of Gas 55 cents/gallon
We had a wonderful time with Mimi. PP and Mimi re-bonded and enjoy each other's company. They went on lots of walks around the neighborhood and visited with the kids that play in the greenbelt across the street. Mimi got to experience Penelope walking more comfortably on her own and Mimi was the first person PP signed "spider" to (she still loves "The itsy-bitsy spider"). Peeps did lots of her mockingbird sounds with Mimi, and overall had a great time bonding with her Mimi.
Mommy got to sleep a lot, decorate the walls with PP pics, and have some "Cortney" time (I spent an afternoon with a galpal and we got our nails, toes, and eyebrows "done" - it was pure bliss - thank you again, Connie). And Daddy got to work to his heart's content without any worries for his girls.
Thanks, Mimi for all your wonderfulness!