Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How Time Flies

Well, Penelope and I are finally back home and finished with our summer travels. Of course, as soon as we arrived home, Matt packed up and left for a backpacking trip with Todd and his dad. It figures we'd get home in time to see him leave. But that's okay, b/c I'm going to use that time to sleep train P to nurse less at night and to wake up better on her own, so it's good Matt's gone cuz I'm sure it'll be noisy at first. I've been denying her for two nights now, and she's catching on. The second night was much easier than the first, and hopefully tonight's even better.

I don't have many pics to share, except one that I took just before P and I left TX. It's a fave of mine.And it only took about 50 clicks of my camera to get this shot. Gran, you're amazing and I'm so glad we got to visit lots with you on this trip.

Penelope and I had a wonderful time in TX visiting with family and friends. I got to have lots of amazing "girl" time with TJ, Kellie, Andrea, and Brook. I still miss my best friends so much. It was really neat to see all of us as Momma hens with our own broods. And of course, I got lots of "mommy" time, both with my mom and as the mom with Penelope. Thanks Mom and Dad for making my trip home such a relaxing experience- I got to re-ground myself before another crazy school year begins.

Penelope and I spent a week at home, then took off again for Sacramento so I could attend an AP workshop and gain some much needed skills and tools for the environmental science class I teach. Mom flew out and watched Penelope during the day. I booked us a suite at a Hawthorne Suites near Discovery Park - it was ginormous and sadly about the size of my house. Mom and Penelope had a great time at the hotel (walking around, going up and down the stairs, playing in the crazy, big room). Penelope didn't even cry for her naps. No pics were taken, except at the State Capitol building, where we toured on our last day in Sac. We missed seeing the Governator by about 5 minutes! All b/c we let Penelope stretch her legs before we checked out the building! He'd just finished doing a press conference when we walked up the steps to enter.

Matt and I plan to take Penelope for her first camping trip in a couple weeks. We're going to go to Prairie Creek, home of the big trees, with Carlos and Miranda and sleep under the giant redwoods. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment